ARRL Field Day
The 2017 ARRL Field Day
The details for the this event are posted here on Yahoo!Groups.
A map to the location: site for field day
- Our group callsign will be ??????
- Simplex frequency (on site) : 145.525 MHz
- Talk-in frequency : 147.120 MHz
The 2017 ARRL Field day is June 24-25 -- General announcement and Field Day Flier.
The 2017 ARRL Field day PSA audio file and Hello video file.
This years event has not yet occured.
- The 2013 year scoring:
- submitted by J.C.
- The consolidated "Zoo Crew" 2013 Field Day Log was submitted to the ARRL Sunday evening and it looks like we scored a total of 1,456 points (if all bonus points are allowed).
- FD-2013 Scoring
- Field Day Flyer - a one-page flyer to share with visitors at your Field Day site.
- 2017 ARRL Field Day Packet (complete)
- Begins Saturday, June 24, 2:00 PM
- Ends Sunday, June 25, 2:00 PM
- Friday, June 23, No Setup on Friday. We do not have use of the site until Saturday.
- Saturday morning at 9:00 AM or before!
- Begins Sunday, June 25, 2:00 PM
- Done by 3:00 PM
- Operating Identification and Class:
- Stations: CW, 10M, 15M, 20M, 40M, 80M, PSK, SSTV
- Free and Demo Stations: 2M, GOTA
- Checklist Off the grid
- Connectors: part #2
- Bug-out boxes making your own B.O.B. and EMCOMM Radio Kits
- This book might be an overkill: Field Day Handbook
- Test Equipment: Portable Test Equipment
- Tools: Tool Bag and spares -- tools
Field Day Power (alternate sources)
- Gas generator: (who and how many?)
(Chuck, K8LBH) Generac Generator 5kw cont, 6250 peak, Runs about 8 hours on 5 gallons! Verified working 6-13-2013, changed oil and ready to go.
If you want to plug in, bring some long extension cords, and gas donations will be appreciated!
- Pedal (human) power:
- Power Packs (portable batteries):
- Solar arrays:
- Steam engine: maybe not this year!
- Water wheel: (sure?)
The Operating Bands
Any Amateur Radio band except 12, 17, 30 and 60 Meters.
- 160 meters
- 80 meters
- 40 meters
- 20 meters
- 15 meters
- 10 meters
- Amateur Satellites
- ARRL Special Bulletins -- (TBD)
- ISS space station -- (TBD)
- HF Digital Communications -- psk-31 and etc.
- VHF/UHF Communictations
Entries must be postmarked, emailed or submitted by 2059 UTC Tuesday, July 29, 2015. Late entries cannot be accepted.
- 2017 Field Day Paper Logging Sheet [PDF]
- 2017 Field Day Paper Dupe Sheet [PDF]
Station #1 -- NT4K (J.C.)
Station #2 -- N4LGH (Tracy)
Station #3 -- KA4QXP (Kirk)
Computer running windows to support logging, sorry WIFI not working!
Meals and cooking
- Meals -- bring a cover dish
- grill onsite -- lunch meat and bread
- Snacks -- cookies and chips
- Coolers/drinks -- Coffee, Coca-Cola, Tea and Water
K8LBH - Giant Hot Dogs Saturday Night - While they last!
Camping and lodging
- Other RVs
- Cameras -- David (KC4ZVW)
- Internet and wireless networks --
- Movie cameras --
- Notebooks, PDA's & Tablets
- Log books (digital)
- Telescope - Jim (KF4BQH) Tasco 114mm reflector
Past Field Day examples
- 2009 Field Day: here
- 2010 Field Day: KC4ZVW's pictures
- 2011 Field Day: KC4ZVW's pictures
- 2012 Field Day: K8LBH's photos
- 2013 Field Day: NT4K photos